As an interested party in FreeBSD, I leveraged the good work of others to
make two patches and then followed the directions worked out under
"Compiling U-boot" in U-Boot stuff. FreeBSD 9-current supports the
SheevaPlug now (http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDMarvell
) so I wanted
to also add FFS support in the u-boot that was developed here:http://blog.springdaemons.com/2008/10/31/u-boot-ffs-ufs-support
I was able to read the FFS v2 from a USB key (da0s1) and load the
kernel and mount the root file system, which will be discussed on
the Wiki FreeBSD page for plugcomputer.org. FFS support is on
by default via the process below (define dependencies were removed).
There will be more FreeBSD discussion on the Wiki page for FreeBSD
that until now was empty!
1) tar xvjf u-boot-1.1.4.tar.bz2 (get u-boot-1.1.4.tar.bz2 from SheevaPlug_U-Boot.zip)
2) gunzip u-boot-1.1.4_3.4.16-diff.patch.gz u-boot-1.1.4_3.4.16-ffs-diff.patch.gz (see attached)
3) cd u-boot-1.1.4
4) make clean
5) patch -p1 < ../u-boot-1.1.4_3.4.16-diff.patch
6) patch -p1 < ../u-boot-1.1.4_3.4.16-ffs-diff.patch
NOTE: top-level Makefile cross compiler is set to "arm-none-linux-gnebit"
(needs changed if different cross compiler)
7) make mrproper
8) make rd88f6281Sheevaplug_config NBOOT=1 LE=1
9) make all
10) set TFTP server and use u-boot "bubt u-boot.bin" to get "make all" result, u-boot-rd88f6281Sheevaplug_400db_nand.bin.